As we enter the fall and the temperature begins to cool, we all look to the indoors for warmth. This includes the less than welcome multi-legged types. Here are some tips for keeping your house pest free.
- Repair damaged screens and install door sweeps on exterior doors.
- Repair/ secure screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- On the outside of your home seal cracks and holes, be sure to include areas where utilities and pipes come in, also windows, doors, and siding. (Anywhere tiny critters can access you house) Use steel wool, caulk or a combination of both.
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store food products in air tight containers.
- Keep crawl spaces, basements, and attics dry and well ventilated.
- Repair any moist areas, like leaky pipes or clogged drains, as these provide a nice breeding site for pests.
- When you bring items such as packages, grocery bags, or other parcels, into your home be sure to inspect them.
- Keep any shrubbery trimmed and cut away from the house.
If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact Earth Guard Pest Services at: