Before fall temperatures send us all indoors, including the multi-legged types, make sure you prepare your home with these pest proofing tips.
• Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
• Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
• Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home, using caulk, steel wool or a combination of both. Also, pay attention to windows, doors, and siding.
• Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
• Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
• Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains that
provide the perfect breeding site for pests.
• Inspect items such as boxes, grocery bags and other packages brought into the home.
• Keep shrubbery trimmed and cut back from the house.
• If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact Earth Guard Pest Services at: