With the abnormally warm weather we have been experiencing lately, mosquitoes and other pests are showing up earlier than usual. Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests we deal with; they show up in large numbers, their bites leave itchy red welts, and they have the potential to spread disease.
Here are some tips to control mosquitoes around the home.
1) Remove their habitat
- Get rid of standing water in buckets, tarps, gutters and any other container with standing water.
- Empty and change permanent fixtures of standing water such as bird baths, fountains, ponds, and potted plants.
2) Prevent your family’s and your own exposure to mosquitoes.
- Use mosquito and bug repellents.
- Make sure windows and doors screens are shut tight.
- Replace outdoor light bulbs with yellow bug lights, they are lower light and attract fewer bugs.
Occasionally neighborhoods are sprayed to prevent disease and large infestations of mosquitoes. For more information on this topic contact Earthguard Pest Services at: